Celebrating Solstice~ harmony for your health & happiness
As the seasons turn, so does the circle of our life, full bloom melts into more subtle hues and the dark lightens to reveal astonishing freshness… when we thought it had gone forever.
The Sun moves into the sign of Cancer on 20th June 2012, marking the longest day- “mid-summer” in the Northern hemisphere, and the shortest day, mid-winter, in the Southern. This Solstice, we are drawn to all things Cancerian- memories, water, the maternal instinct.
Interestingly, on this day dedicated to the Sun, the sign ruled by the Moon becomes such a focus in our lives. It’s therefore a beautiful blend of the Yin and the Yang, the eternal dance of the masculine and feminine, and a beautiful date for love & relationships.
Celebrating your Summer solstice could include…
- Printing out this beautiful reminder from my nutrition school of “4 Healthy Summer Habits” and enjoy one on the longest day
- Making like Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin and stay up oh-so-late to watch the sun set… perhaps playing a game of Pooh-sticks in a stream near you
- Did you know? Many ancient cultures across Europe honoured the Solstice by rolling a burning wheel down a hill, honouring the sun’s passage across sky. Fireworks at mid-summer echoed this old practice~ so why not welcome a little bit of pyromania? A bonfire, a barbecue, a Sky-lantern released…
Celebrating your Winter Solstice could include…
- A dreaming ritual. Think ahead to times when the sun will be riding high in the sky. What would you like to see happen before now and then? Where would you like to be at the pinnacle of your next summertime, 6 months from now?
- The Cancerian domain of hearth and home. Make a circle, snuggle up. Soup is a delicious dish this solstice, melanging the heat of the sun with the moist damp of the Moon. Ideas from my special guests!: Spring green soup. Golden Mushroom Basil Soup. Kale & White bean soup. Stir. Simmer. Sup. Slurp. Simple solace for the soul, this Solstice.
- A wintry star gaze. The moon will be fresh and new, hanging like a sliver in your icy black sky. How many constellations can you see? Can you hear the stars singing their magical melody, the sweet soul song of the Universe, tonight?
Angels of the Northern hemisphere: the sun closest to the Earth illuminates our actions. Which feel most true to us at this time? Which part of your life is calling you forward, to take inspired action, make change, advance? When you can answer this question, you will make a very successful month ahead for yourself.
Angels of the Southern hemisphere: with the sun so far away, it is time to have confidence in your intuition, dreams and feelings. Whatever symbolic path you feel you must take now, whichever inner, though not neccessarily logical, callings are beckoning you to spend some time imagining their reality, go there. Your dreaming can create a truly sunny outer world.
with love & blessings this solstice,