Movie night! How ’bout some high-fibre, inflammation-reducing popcorn?
Movie night, Angels! what are you indulging in? this?
What about BOTH?
LOVE ME some popcorn on a Saturday night in, don’t you? and when we home-make it, its oh so healthy!
Wanting to make tonight’s movie snack more filling and nutritious, I gently warmed some sprouted seeds- this sort…
and tossed them into
Home-made popcorn. Here’s how I do it:
1 tsp oil (see below for which sort)
1 bag raw corn kernals
- In a lightly oiled … using sunflower, coconut or rapeseed oil for their stability at high temperatures- deep saucepan set at med-high temp,
- Add 1/4 cup per person raw corn kernals.
- Fit the lid and shake the kernals in the pan.
- Let heat until you hear the popping stop!
- Take off the heat and rest for 1 min lest you get a stray corn popping in your face!
Voila! A high fibre, brilliantly nutritious movie dish!
You could even flavour it up with inflammation reducing spices Tumeric and Cayenne pepper, as we did, angels, for the perfect superfood snack.
Enjoy your evening!
with love and blessings,
thankyou for the pictures
More healthy recipes, from my Special Guests, here…