Want to lose weight? Gain weight? Change your body shape? Get high? Get low? Get even? Knowing what works, and what doesn’t, is power. I’m your go-to girl to help put your life in balance. And, if you requre it, we can call on Angelic Guidance. These recipes are my daily favourites. Enjoy!
I’d always loved food and often “cooked my way around the world” when best-laid work and travel plans fell through during my career as a Feng Shui professional, far from my hometown of Sydney, Australia. But I wasn’t to know that an ovarian cancer scare in 2008 would unlock the door to exposing my lifelong secret passion- cooking to heal. After weighing in at 42kgs/94lbs after surgery in the UK, medical practitioners were frantic to get me back up to healthy weight.
I’ve always been a spiritual person, yet through the health struggle I’d tried and very quickly lost interest in many alternative treatments and therapies I’d loved, that didn’t seem to help. Here’s what did work for me: receiving messages and guidance from the Angels, ever more gentle, non-intrusive and strong; and Crystal healing. No one diet works for everyone: just like no one spiritual practice works for everyone. But that’s what assisted me. And it’s why I believe offering their presence to my clients who seek a life of health and balance can be beneficial.
Anyway, with the Angels guiding every step of the way, once my appetite returned, my husband and I looked at the chemical-heavy protein drinks and dietary recommendations my practitioners had prescribed- lots of chocolate and baked potatoes!- and agreed that healthy nutrition was one clear avenue towards health clinical medicine should not be involved in. Decision made: heal myself naturally at home, with my own home cooking.
It took me two months to get up to the weight I’d dieted so hard to achieve as a teenager… At that time, to get back my muscle tone, I became a Personal Trainer- big achievement!- with a better, stronger body than ever before. I’ve stayed at this weight too, and become an award-winning cook!
I realised the potential of my love for cooking that heals at the Isle of Man Food Festival in 2009:
- Competing in the final of I♥Manxchef competition judged by the BBC chefs, the Hairy Bikers. In the most special and labour-intensive dish I’ve ever made, I gathered wild and seasonal herbs from the beautiful glens of this Island, which I’d studied to identify. The angels, of course, were whispering in my ear! With fresh-picked berries, this dish would now be celebrated as “Paleo“. Not that I knew that then, my intention was to create a truly local, fresh, seasonal, tasty and unique platter.
- The Great Manx Bake-Off- my first major food event organised, and the first “bake-off” ever to have been held in the British Isles- warmed the hearts of the whole community, and inspired many spin-offs. Here, island-themed cakes made with a strict base of Isle of Man produce were judged by the Hairy Bikers and auctioned to raise money for UK women’s gynaecological cancer charity, the Eve Appeal. The cakes, made by Isle of Man chefs, amateurs, and families alike, were truly breathtaking! You should have seen them! They melted hearts and brought tears to eyes. Email me for photos the Department of Tourism kindly gave me from the event.
The Power of Food to Heal, on so many levels, cannot be underestimated.
Since this time, I am proud to study with the Intitute of Integrative Nutrition to make my health stronger than it’s ever been- for now, and for ever. I hope to help you do the same.
Please click on the recipe links that interest you. Questions or comments? Please contact me!
Spa Style Light Meals
- Baby leaf & walnut salad with smoked salmon- inspired by Four Seasons Resort & Spa, Doha
- Coconut Fridays- inspired by Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, Australia
- Asparagi Parmigiano-Reggiano, inspired by Art Hotel Orologio, Bologna
- Shady Lady salad, inspired by Napolese harlots
- Sweet Nut Salad with Tahini ‘mayonnaise’(raw)
- Yellow Split Peas & Creme Fraiche ~ Simply Autumn
Baking and Sweet Things
- Go-To Banana Bread or Fruity Muffin Mix
- “Sneaky Mum”‘s Baked Rice Pudding
- Ginger Date & Nut cake with pudding sauce
Codes in the recipes:
df= dairy free
gf= gluten free, suitable for coeliacs
* in front of any code means it’s easy to make substitutes to be classified as such
All my recipes are as low-sugar as possible in the replacement form of natural honey.
UPON ANGELS’ INSTRUCTIONS, ALL ARE K.I.S.S… Keep It Superbly Simple.